Cooking a whole chicken in an air fryer is a convenient and healthy way to enjoy a classic dish without the fuss. With an air fryer, you can achieve a crispy and flavorful chicken that’s cooked to perfection in just a fraction of the time. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a mouth-watering air fryer whole chicken that’s sure to become a new family favorite.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 lbs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Remove the chicken from the packaging and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, including inside the cavity.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket breast side down.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.
This air fryer whole chicken recipe is easy, healthy, and packed with flavor. It’s a great way to enjoy a classic dish without the added oils and calories. Plus, the air fryer makes cooking a whole chicken a breeze. Give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills.